Continuing Education (CEU's) & Recertification
As part of the Indiana Community Health Worker / Certified Recovery Specialist Training Program’s annual Continuing Education requirements, each CHW or CHW / CRS must complete a total of 14 hours of continuing education credits each year to maintain certification. If these credits are not earned, certification will expire.
Fiscal Year 8: All 14 CEUs must be completed between July 1, 2016 and May 31, 2017
What counts for CEUs?
- Webinars / Online Courses
- Annual CHW/CRS Spring Conference
- CHW and CHW/CRS Site Visits
- Mental Health / Addiction Clinical Trainings offered by an employer
- Conference attendance at NAMI, Key Consumer or MHAI events
- Peer Recovery Support Trainings (not limited to Indiana)
- Community Health Worker Trainings / Conferences
- Trainings in Primary Health Care and Chronic Health Conditions
- College Coursework related to Mental Health, Addictions and Primary Health Care
How do I submit my CEUs?
- If you completed an online training/ watched a webinar, please fill out and submit the Webinar Evaluation Form.pdf (1 hour of content = 1 CEU). ASPIN will still award CEUs for webinars that say no CEUs are available.
- If you attend an event in person, please take the CHW.CRS Training Documentation Form.pdf to have signed by event staff. Submit to ASPIN after it has been filled out. (1 hour of content = 1 CEU)
- If you are taking relevant college courses, please submit a copy of your unofficial transcript to ASPIN. Course must be completed within current fiscal year to count. (1 credit hour = 1 CEU)
How do I find out about different CEU Opportunities?
- ASPIN will send them out on the emailing list - you are not confined to only these opportunities
- Check with your employer for training opportunities (ie: Relias Learning)
- Do an internet search for health related webinars
- Check in regularly on this website. See below for upcoming and archived opportunities:
Upcoming CEU Opportunities
- Save the Date - ICAADA Annual Conference | Apr. 5, 2017| Indianapolis, IN
- Annual CHW/CRS Conference! | May 18, 2017 | Indianapolis, IN | Register here
- Community Inclusion and Peer Support Supporting Increased Community Participation: A Peer Specialist Training | Mar 28 2017 | 2pm ET | Register here
- Optimal Treatment Strategies for Managing Chronic Pain Complaints | Apr. 4 2017 | 12 - 1pm | $25 | Register here
Archived Webinars (Earn CEUs from viewing past webinars)
- FREE SAHMSA Archived Webinars at http://www.samhsa.gov/brss-tacs/webinars
- FREE INAOPS Archived Webinars at: http://inaops.org/free-webinars-past.
- APHA Past Webinars at: https://www.apha.org/events-and-meetings/webinars
- Tobacco Related Webinars at: http://www.bringinginalong.org/ .
ASPIN Mailing Address & Fax Number
Please send CEU documentation to CHW Program Coordinator via fax: 317-735-0019.
Or by mail at:
8440 Woodfield Crossing Boulevard Suite 460 Indianapolis, IN 46240
CHW and/or CHW / CRS Replacement Certificates